Tuesday, April 13, 2010

16 week checkup

We had our 16 week check up today and had a good report from the doctor. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat today for the first time, which was awesome. The baby seems to be very shy though; he or she doesn't like their picture taken (at the last ultrasound), and they were trying to run away from the Doppler this morning. After the last two appointments, I told David that we'll probably have a tough time finding out the sex at the next appointment.

We finally made a decision on finding out the sex, by the way. I agreed to find out what we're having as long as we don't make it general public knowledge. My parents have said that they don't want to know, so hopefully this way they won't find out. We'll tell anyone who wants to know, but we're asking that they don't spread the information so that it would get back to my parents or anyone else who doesn't want to know. I realize that it might be difficult to keep it a secret, especially if we receive gender-specific gifts, but we'll do our best. I'm not going to stress about keeping the secret though. If they find out, oh well, there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment