Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another week...

I went for a blood test last Wednesday to check my estradiol level again. I thought for sure it would be where the doctors want it to be because I had been spotting since last Friday, which the nurse told me was a good sign that my levels were coming down. The nurse called me later that afternoon to tell me that it still wasn't down far enough and to do the Lupron for another week. I got frustrated, mostly at myself, because I had allowed my hopes to rise just a little. I also started to panic a little bit because we're getting really close to when David and I leave for a much-needed vacation. The nurse said not to worry about that yet, that my level was halfway down (halfway from the original level or halfway from last week, I don't know). She said that it would most likely be fine in another week and not to cross any bridges before we come to them. So I go back for yet another blood test tomorrow and pray to God that it's good news. As it stands now, if the levels are low enough tomorrow, extraction would occur August 10 or 11, and they would reimplant embryos on Aug. 13 or 14. We leave for vacation early morning on the 15th. Talk about cutting it close. I don't know what we'll do if it's still not down low enough; probably scrap this cycle until we get back from vacation. But I'm not going to think about that until I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment