Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hope and Frustration

I went for my Ultrasound and blood draw last Wednesday. The doctor said everything on the ultrasound looked perfect and they set me up with the schedule for my Follistim injections. Then later in the afternoon, one of the nurses called and said my Estradiol level from the blood draw wasn't as low as they wanted it to be and to come back on Friday for a repeat blood draw. At first I was upset because I viewed this as just one more setback in the list of many. However, after thinking about it, I decided that it doesn't change anything if I get upset about it. I'm not going to start the Follistim injections before they tell me to, essentially wasting that very expensive drug, for it not to work.

So I went back on Friday for another blood draw, and one of the nurses called back later that afternoon to let me know that my level was coming down, but it still wasn't low enough. So I have to continue the Lupron injectons and go back for another blood draw next Wednesday. Think low!

No comments:

Post a Comment